Save between £1 up to £450,000. Add to your savings by debit card, by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another account with us or by cash.
Unlimited withdrawals and deposits with no notice required for withdrawals. As per the terms and conditions of “Can I withdraw money?”
|Account name||Minimum account balance||Interest rate||Notice period on withdrawal||Availability||Other
Private individuals and unincorporated entities including sole traders, partnerships, clubs & trusts.
Includes 'Coachman' account merged into Pullman on 01 Nov 2019.
What is the Interest Rate?
0.15% gross and AER effective from 01/05/2020
Can Stafford Railway Building Society change the interest rate?Yes, the interest rate is variable, so it can go up or down.
If we change the rates, we will give you 14 days’ notice.
You’ll find full details of this and the reasons why we might change the interest rate in our savings terms and conditions
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
This projection assumes the following: £1,000 is deposited in to the account at the time it is opened. No further deposits or withdrawals are made. The interest rate stays the same for the full 12 months
Estimated balances are for illustrative purposes only
How do I open and manage my account?
- The account can be opened in branch or by post.
- This is a passbook based account and can be operated in branch or by post at members own expense.
- Available to private individuals and unincorporated entities including sole traders, partnerships, clubs, trusts etc.
- Available to UK citizens/residents only.
- Limits apply to cash deposits and withdrawals (see savings terms and conditions)
- Minimum deposit £1
- Maximum deposit £450,000
- Minimum Balance: £1.
- Maximum Balance: £450,000.
Can I withdraw money?
- Cash withdrawals are limited to £2,500 each day.
- No notice required for cash withdrawals up to £500. A minimum of 24 hours notice for cash withdrawals up to £2,500.
- Withdrawals can be made by post (cheque only) and must include a signed letter requesting the amount needed by cheque and who the cheque is made payable to and the passbook.
- Minimum withdrawal allowed by cheque is £10.
- Minimum CHAPS withdrawal £5,000 and will incur an administrative fee.
- Withdrawals can be made in branch with the passbook.
- Withdrawals will not be allowed without the passbook.
- Only one account of this type per person or joint account holders.
- We pay all savings interest gross, which means no tax is deducted. It’s your responsibility to pay any tax due, based on your individual circumstances. Tax rules may change in future.
- It’s worth noting that any of our accounts can be withdrawn from sale at any time and without notice.