Katharine House Hospice
Support your local hospice and we’ll hand over a 0.20% donation of your balance at the end of our Society year. You save and earn interest on your savings with The Stafford Railway Building Society and then we make a donation to Katharine House
|Account name||Minimum account balance||Interest rate||Notice period on withdrawal||Availability||Other
|Katharine House Hospice||£100||0.35%||None||
Private individuals and unincorporated entities including sole traders, partnerships, clubs & trusts.
Yearly donation of 0.20% of your annual balance to Katharine House Hospice
Katharine House Hospice
What is the Interest Rate?
0.35% gross & AER effective from 01/06/2022
Can Stafford Railway Building Society change the interest rate?Stafford Railway Building Society has the right to change interest rates in certain circumstances. If we change the rates we will give you 14 days’ notice. Please refer to the savings terms and conditions for further information on these circumstances
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
£1,003.50This projection assumes that £1,000 is deposited in to the account at the time it is opened. No further deposits or withdrawals are made. The interest rate stays the same for the full 12 months.
Estimated balances are for illustrative purposes only.
How do I open and manage my account?
- Apply Online
- The account can be opened in branch, online or by post.
- This is a passbook based account and can be operated in branch or by post at members own expense.
- Available to private individuals and unincorporated entities including sole traders, partnerships, clubs, trusts etc.
- Available to UK citizens/residents only.
- Limits apply to cash deposits and withdrawals (see savings terms and conditions).
- Minimum deposit £100.
- Maximum deposit £100,000.
- Minimum Balance: £100
- Maximum Balance: £100,000.
Can I withdraw money?
- Cash withdrawals are limited to £2,500 each day.
- No notice is required for cash withdrawals up to £500. A minimum of 24 hours notice for cash withdrawals up to £2,500.
- Withdrawals can be made by post (cheque only) and must include a signed letter requesting the amount needed by cheque and who the cheque is made payable to and the passbook. A cheque will only be made payable to the account holder(s).
- Faster payments are available to a nominated bank account in the holder(s) name.
- Minimum withdrawal allowed by cheque is £10.
- Minimum CHAPS withdrawal £5,000 and will incur an administrative fee.
- Withdrawals can be made in branch with the passbook.
- Withdrawals will not be allowed without the passbook.
- Yearly donation of 0.20% of your annual balance to Katharine House Hospice.
- Only one account of this type per person or joint account holders.
- We pay all savings interest gross, which means no tax is deducted. It’s your responsibility to pay any tax due, based on your individual circumstances. Tax rules may change in future.
- It’s worth noting that any of our accounts can be withdrawn from sale at any time and without notice.