Our First Track account offers simple and straightforward access to your savings. You can operate the account by post or at our branch in Stafford town centre to make deposits and withdraw your money.
|Account name||Minimum account balance||Interest rate||Notice period on withdrawal||Availability||Other
Private individuals only.
What is the Interest Rate?
0.95% gross & AER effective from 01/08/2022
Can Stafford Railway Building Society change the interest rate?Stafford Railway Building Society has the right to change interest rates in certain circumstances. If we change the rates we will give you 14 days’ notice. Please refer to the savings terms and conditions for further information on these circumstances
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
£1,009.50The projections assume that the amount of £1,000 is deposited in to the account at the time it is opened and that no further deposits or withdrawals are made for the full interest period
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and does not take into account the individual circumstances of the customer
How do I open and manage my account?
- The account can be opened in branch or by post.
- This is a passbook based account and can be operated in branch or by post at members own expense.
- Available to private individuals only.
- Available to UK citizens/residents only.
- Limits apply to cash deposits and withdrawals (see savings terms and conditions).
- Maximum age to open an account is 17.
- When the child turns 21 another account will need to be opened.
- When the child reaches 16 interest received will count against the holders personal savings allowance.
- You can save from: £1.
- Up to a maximum of: £50,000
Can I withdraw money?
- Cash withdrawals are limited to £2,500 each day.
- No notice is required for cash withdrawals up to £500. A minimum of 24 hours notice for cash withdrawals up to £2,500.
- Withdrawals can be made by post (cheque only) and must include a signed letter requesting the amount needed by cheque and who the cheque is made payable to and the passbook. A cheque will only be made payable to the account holder(s).
- Faster payments are available to a nominated bank account in the holder(s) name.
- Minimum withdrawal allowed by cheque is £10.
- Minimum CHAPS withdrawal £5,000 and will incur an administrative fee.
- Withdrawals can be made in branch with the passbook.
- Withdrawals will not be allowed without the passbook
- Only one account of this type per person or joint account holder
- We pay all savings interest gross, which means no tax is deducted. It’s your responsibility to pay any tax due, based on your individual circumstances. Tax rules may change in future