A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use session log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our members’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie does not give access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please be aware that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies set by this website
List of First Party Cookies
These are cookies set by this website.
- intermediariesCookieConsent: This cookie is used when logging in to intermediaries area of the website.
- cb-enabled: This cookie records whether cookies can be set or not.
- ASPXAUTH: This cookie is used when logging in to any area of the website.
- ASP.NET SessionID: This cookie is essential for site functionality and is used to store and retrieve values for a user as they navigate the site. It is held temporarily in memory and is deleted when the browser is closed.
- SF-TokenId: This cookie is used when logging in to Sitefinity functionality on the website.
List of Third Party Cookies
These are Cookies set by another website.
- _utmc: Monitors movement through the website (Session Cookie Set by a 3rd party - Google Analytics)
- _utmb: Monitors movement through the website (Persistent Cookie Set by a 3rd party - Google Analytics)
- _utmz: Stores how you arrived at the website (Persistent Cookie Set by a 3rd party - Google Analytics)
- _utma: Stores how many visits and first visit plus previous visit information (Persistent Cookie Set by a 3rd party - Google Analytics)
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you give directly to or are collected via such third party sites. You should read the respective data policies or procedures of these linked websites to find out how they use your information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a general right of access to the personal data we hold and which relates to you. You may obtain a copy of the data held, by writing to the Society at 4 Market Square, Stafford ST16 2JH.
For further information and an access request form click here.
Our site contains hyperlinks to other sites. The Society accepts no responsibility for the content of those other sites if you choose to click on them.